Vakrasana (Half Spinal Twist Pose)
How to Do It
- Sit on ground your legs should be straight in front you.
- Hands should be the side, palm resting on the ground fingers together pointing forward.
- Now slowly fold left leg at the knee and place the sole on the ground near the knee of the right leg. The knee of the left leg should be 90 degrees angle straight towards sky.
- Now take left hand toward back, place the palm on the ground straight from the spine. Fingers should be together pointing backward
- Now place the right hand towards the other side of the left knee. If the legs are straight towards east then fingers of the hand will point towards north.
- Twist the head backside and try to look back.
- Returning to the original position and then bring the left hand from the back and place it by the side of the body.
- Slowly stretch out the folded leg and sit erect as in first position. Repeat on the other side with same way.
(By AVOIDING A LITTLE you can lose weight become slim and fit)
- Helps reduce fat in the abdominal region.
- Loosens the hip joints, relieving stiffness.
- Good for abdominal organs.
- Strengthens the spine.
(Also watch out this to control your Diabetes)
- People with serious spinal complaints must avoid performing this pose.
- Pregnant women and people who have undergone recent abdominal surgery must not do this pose.