Bridge Pose (Setu Bandhasana)
How to do bridge pose (Setu Bandhasana)
- Lie on your back.
- Fold your knees and keep your feet hip distance apart. Keep your knees and ankles both in a straight line.
- Keep your arms beside the body with your palms facing down. Slowly inhale, and gently lift your back off the floor.
- Slowly roll in your shoulders and touch the chest with your chin, without bringing your chin down. You must support the weight of your body with your shoulders, arms, and feet.
- Both your thighs must be parallel to each other and to the floor.
- Keep breathing gently.
- Hold the position for a couple of minutes without pushing your limit, and then come back to the initial position as you exhale.
- Effective in weight loss. (Also loss weight Diminishes Fat by AVOIDING A LITTLE)
- Shape up the upper body by reducing upper body fat and strengthen muscles.
- Strengthens the back muscles make it stronger and relieves the tired back instantaneously.
- Stretch to the chest, neck and spine.
- Calms the brain, reducing anxiety, stress and depression.
- Reduces lungs and thyroid problems.
- Improve digestion.
- Helpful in asthma, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, and sinusitis.
Refrain from performing this pose if you are suffering from neck or back injuries.
(By AVOIDING A LITTLE can make you slim and fit)